Tuesday, March 27, 2012

EEEEE....from March 8, 2012

Okay, so last night I managed to get a little more sleep than the last few nights, but only a little...they have Sarah on TPN (IV nutrition) because she's not eating very much, and since she hasn't been on it since the first round of chemo back in December, I forgot how many air bubbles it creates because both the nutrients and the lipids are thick, so they create air pockets as they filter through, which means that I have to stop the machine from beeping every thirty seconds...I know I am given to hyperbole, but that is NOT an exaggeration! Actually, I think 30 seconds may very well be an exaggeration, because it's probably way less than that.

Still, after a lot of fighting and putting my foot down, Miss Boots went down crying at about 10:30 or so, and my exhausted body finally let me fall asleep by about midnight. It would have been a restful night had it not been for the incessant beeping. So today, I am encouraging Miss Boots to eat as much as I possibly can, because we can't go home if she's on TPN, and the transplant is now in a little over a week. I cannot believe how fast this week has flown by. Today, in just about an hour, we have the meeting with the doctor to discuss the transplant, and all of the details about the aftermath of said transplant. Needless to say, I am nervous. Nothing is going to happen, per se, except the exchange of information that is so vital to our situation at the moment. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment