Monday, March 26, 2012

T-4...getting close....

Okay, so today was day -4, which means four more days until Transplant...I'm getting nervous, and Miss Boots isn't helping with all her questions about God and Heaven all of a sudden. But now that they stopped giving her hydrocortisone, she was much easier to deal with today. She still received her chemo, and she had a mild allergic reaction, but nothing a quick dose of Benadryl couldn't fix. Chemo/Cancer/Complication-wise,  it was a relatively uneventful day. We played Lalaloopsies, we watched the rain. My dad came to see her and say a blessing over her, and we feasted over the candy picnic he brought with him (note to self: Chocolate-covered cashews are the BEST THING EVER!!!). He said a blessing over her, and I think it brought us both peace. We watched the rain some more. We snuggled and read a few chapters from Coraline, and  I cannot believe she stays still long enough to listen to a book with minimal pictures for as long as she does. She fell asleep and napped for several hours, and I knocked out with her for awhile, although not nearly as long as I needed. Her favorite night nurse, Kerry, came in for a visit because we haven't seen her in awhile, and Sarah proceeded to show her every toy she brought with her and we told her all about our adventures on our last trip home. Miss Boots watched two movies, had two snacks, read two books, and finally knocked out at 12:30, with no tantrum.  I think those are the two most beautiful words in the English language, and I know me some words.

So, yes, all in all, today was a good day, and I am writing it down because I want to remember it.Really, this should be one for her journal, but it's faster to type, and I am in desperate need of a shower!  When Sarah is past all of this, when she is too big to cuddle and too old to need me anymore, I will remember cuddling her sweet little four year old body next to mine and reading chapters from Coraline while the wind howls and the rain falls in sheets outside our window. When things are bad, I will remember days like this.  I will remember my happy, chirpy little songbird of a daughter and how she asks me to sing her made-up songs that she only just made up in her head, and how she runs a hairbrush across her bald little head and says that when her hair grows back, she is going to have bows everywhere, and how she tells me that I am the best Momma in the whole world, even when I'm angry with her. Here's hoping there are more days like today in the days that lie ahead of us. I feel kind of lame writing a two-paragraph blog, but I think our state of mind in these days leading up to transplant will be important later on, and are worthy of being recorded. Three more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment