Monday, July 4, 2011

FACEBOOK IS NOT YOUR DIARY!!!

Okay, so I will probably get in trouble for this, but it's late and I haven't slept in a week because the Roid Rage Monster is visiting our house again, so I soooo don't care right now because this is something I've been wanting to get off my chest for awhile. I have noticed some "trends" on facebook that I find offensive/off-putting/slightly annoying, and I've been wanting to comment on it for awhile, but I didn't want to offend anyone else. That being said, I'm a writer. They say "write what you know", and if I don't, then I guess I am doing myself and my craft an injustice of some sort...orrrr, it was bugging me enough that I just had to say something, so here goes...

FACEBOOK IS NOT YOUR DIARY!

1. I don't care who you're sleeping with, when, where or how. Especially how. You're having sex, good for you. You are obviously proud of your "accomplishment" or you wouldn't be shouting it from the virtual rooftops, but seriously, don't care...

2. Don't bash your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/kids/boss/best friend, only to tell me two posts later how wonderful they are. It makes one look bipolar when he/she posts "I'M SO GOING TO DIVORCE HIS ASS!" and then you post a cute picture of the two of you...I understand all couples have their ups and downs, I understand that it can be validating to get support when you are frustrated, I just think that saying things you don't mean should be a habit to get out of, both on and off facebook...

3. Posting on someone's wall is NOT the same thing as sending them a message! There are some things that should remain "just between friends"...like a picture of the two of you wasted at last night's party...where she's holding your hair back...

4. Ladies, I love you, and I embrace your feminine power, but I do not need to see your boobs, self-shot or otherwise...cover 'em up girls, less is more! 

I'm sure there are more, if I really sat and thought about it, but these are the ones that bug me the most, so they were the ones that came to mind first. Don't get me wrong. I love facebook! I am on facebook all the time, and I think it is a very useful and valuable tool for many things, especially keeping in touch with old friends. But in real life and on the web there is such a thing as too much information, call me old fashioned! I guess I'll sign off now, so I don't have to watch my number of friends decrease, but take this with a grain of salt. This is my opinion. They are just general observations and I am posting them here, mainly because I am sure you have seen the same things that I have, and I thought the two of you who actually read my blog would get a kick out of it and be proud that I actually wrote something for once. My intention was not to offend anyone, nor am I referring to anyone in particular. Take it with the humor in which it was intended, and if you cannot, then maybe you should rethink that next post...just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment